Yield: 4 servings
Daphne's Note: Try it with other meat instead of chicken, add carrots
for sweetness :)
* 8 cups chicken stock (recommended: Kitchen Basics, 2 (1-quart) boxes
* 1 pound ground chicken or ground turkey breast (I keep an extra
pack of both in the freezer; they are both so lean and easy to work
* 1 egg
* 1 cup plain bread crumbs
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
* 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
* Handful parsley leaves, finely chopped
* Salt and pepper
* 1 1/2 cups thin egg noodles
* 1/2 cup piquillo Spanish peppers or roasted red peppers,
quartered lengthwise, very thinly sliced
* 6 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces then shredded into thin sticks
* Handful fresh dill, finely chopped, about 3 tablespoons
Heat stock to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
Mix the chicken with egg, bread crumbs, nutmeg, smoked sweet paprika,
parsley, salt and pepper. Roll the meat into 1-inch dumplings and add
to simmering stock. Wash up and let the dumplings cook 3 to 4 minutes
alone. Add the egg noodles, peppers and scallions and stir. Cook
another 4 to 5 minutes until noodles are just tender. Stir in dill.
Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.