Yield: 8 party servings
* 12 fresh or dried figs, split
* 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* A drizzle balsamic vinegar
* A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
* Salt and pepper
* 24 slices pancetta, available at deli counter
* 1 package 3 or 4-inch wooden party picks
If using fresh figs proceed to the preheat instructions. If using
dried figs, place a small pan of water on stove and bring to a simmer.
Add figs and plump them in water for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
Preheat griddle or grill pan over medium to high heat.
Cut chicken into large chunks: cut a tenderloin in half or cut a thigh
into 3 chunks. Drizzle chicken with balsamic and oil and toss to coat.
Wash hands and season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place a half fig on each piece of chicken and wrap with 1 slice of
pancetta. Skewer to secure and place on grill. Wash hands again. Grill
chicken bites 4 to 5 minutes on each side.